Under the direction of the Plant Manager this key management position is strategic in developing and implementing logistics solutions to provide a competitive advantage. As a start up location in the Midwest we strive to lower our freight costs and provide more timely deliveries to our wide customer base. This position will work closely with our Canadian locations to create new methods of consolidating products and freight policies. Hands on knowledge of scheduling and warehouse activities will be critical to this role.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes based on customers needs and company goals.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports, exports, and customer issues.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, and performance evaluation.
- Monitor product import and export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Collaborate with peers in other BCB locations to develop consolidated shipping solutions.
- Plan and implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Create and document policies and procedures for warehouse activities.
- Supervise the work of logistics coordinators, and schedulers.
- Manage the hiring, development, and performance of team members with in the department.
Competencies and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in logistics
- 5-10 years work experience, in the area of logistics, and scheduling
- Understanding of scheduling systems and ERP programs inventory systems
- Able to manage multiple priorities, objectives and deadlines
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Superior communication skills with all levels of management
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow through and deliver results in a timely manner
- Proven skills in motivating team members to achieve excellence
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our organization for an exciting career opportunity, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume to: